Congress starts padayatra in Karnataka
Hospet: Getting into the poll mode for the Karnataka Assembly elections due in April-May, Congress Monday kick-started first of its four padayatras from here.
The padayatra, which would highlight the BJP government`s "failure" to expedite projects under Upper Krishna Project, would culminate at Koodalasangama on January 14, KPCC President G Parameshwara said.
Opposition Leader in Assembly, Siddaramaiah alleged that the government had "failed" to provide adequate funds for irrigation under Upper Krishna Project.
If Congress is voted to power, it would take up irrigation works under the project.
The second padayatra would start in February from Basavakalyana to Jewargi and the third in March between Ullala to Udupi, Parameshwara said.
The fourth padayatra would be conducted between Mysore and Bangalore, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India