Congress starts padayatra in Karnataka
Hospet: Getting into the poll mode for the Karnataka Assembly elections due in April-May, Congress Monday kick-started first of its four padayatras from here.
The padayatra, which would highlight the BJP government`s "failure" to expedite projects under Upper Krishna Project, would culminate at Koodalasangama on January 14, KPCC President G Parameshwara said.
Opposition Leader in Assembly, Siddaramaiah alleged that the government had "failed" to provide adequate funds for irrigation under Upper Krishna Project.
If Congress is voted to power, it would take up irrigation works under the project.
The second padayatra would start in February from Basavakalyana to Jewargi and the third in March between Ullala to Udupi, Parameshwara said.
The fourth padayatra would be conducted between Mysore and Bangalore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa