Congress starts padayatra in Karnataka
Hospet: Getting into the poll mode for the Karnataka Assembly elections due in April-May, Congress Monday kick-started first of its four padayatras from here.
The padayatra, which would highlight the BJP government`s "failure" to expedite projects under Upper Krishna Project, would culminate at Koodalasangama on January 14, KPCC President G Parameshwara said.
Opposition Leader in Assembly, Siddaramaiah alleged that the government had "failed" to provide adequate funds for irrigation under Upper Krishna Project.
If Congress is voted to power, it would take up irrigation works under the project.
The second padayatra would start in February from Basavakalyana to Jewargi and the third in March between Ullala to Udupi, Parameshwara said.
The fourth padayatra would be conducted between Mysore and Bangalore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’