Congress takes dig at Yeddyurappa
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday took a dig at former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, who was admitted to hospital after complaining of chest pain a day
after being sent to judicial custody by a special Lokayukta court, saying everyone falls ill at the sight of prison door.
"Whoever goes to jail falls ill. I think we must conduct some research to find out what disease suddenly crops up when one sees the prison door," party spokesperson Renuka
Chowdhary told reporters here.
She was replying to questions on Yeddyurappa`s admission in hospital.
Turning down his bail plea, a special Lokayukta court had on Saturday issued an arrest warrant against Yeddyurappa, facing allegations of denotifying government land in violation
of rules when he was the chief minister.
The BJP leader later surrendered before the court, which remanded him in judicial custody till October 22.
However, he was shifted to the hospital from the central prison here on Sunday after he complained of chest pain.
Later, a five-member medical team of state-run Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, where Yeddyurappa was admitted on Sunday, reviewed his medical
records and decided to discharge him on Tuesday as an angiogram revealed no significant blockages in arteries.
The Karnataka High Court has today adjourned to October 20 the hearing on his interim bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing