Congress to go it alone in Karnataka
New Delhi: The Congress will fight the forthcoming assembly polls in Karnataka on its own, a senior party leader said Sunday.
Party general secretary Madhusudan Mistry, who is incharge of Karnataka, told IANS over phone that the party was in the process of finalizing its candidates for the assembly polls expected to take place in May.
Asked if the Congress will have any alliance for the assembly polls, he answered in the negative.
Mistry said the party`s preparations were proceeding well and expressed confidence of coming to power in the southern state where the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been in power since 2008.
"We will win the polls... Hundred percent," he said.
He said the party will raise local issues during the elections and "expose the misgovernance" of the BJP government.
To a question about projecting a chief ministerial candidate in Karnataka, Mistry said that it was not the practice in Congress.
Party sources said several Congress leaders from the state were desirous of becoming the next chief minister amid speculation that party`s fortunes had brightened following troubles faced by the BJP following rebellion of former chief minister B. S. Yeddyurappa.
The term of the Karnataka assembly will come to an end June 3 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!