Congress using Governor to destabilise govt in Karnataka: BJP
Hyderabad: The Congress is trying to
destabilise the BJP government in Karnataka through the
state`s Governor who openly admitted that he is proud to be a
Congressman, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu charged Sunday.
"Congress is unable to digest that it has been defeated
in Karnataka. They are trying to defame and destabilise the
BJP government headed by Yeddyurappa by using the Governor,
who has openly admitted that he is proud to be Congressman,"
he told reporters here.
Naidu also distributed photo copies of the media reports
on the statement of Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Asking why the Congress is not ready to accept a probe
into allegations of illegal mining against the Reddy brothers
by Lok Ayukta or a House committee of legislators, Naidu
alleged that the Congress is insisting on a CBI inquiry
because they can manipulate the premier investigation agency
as per their political convenience.
"The chief minister has categorically said the ministers
will have to go if the allegations are proved. He is ready for
probe by the Lok Ayukta or House committee. Still, Congress
wants investigation only by CBI because it has become Congress
Bureau of Investigation. Are we so innocent to agree to this,"
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament