Congress using Governor to destabilise govt in Karnataka: BJP
Hyderabad: The Congress is trying to
destabilise the BJP government in Karnataka through the
state`s Governor who openly admitted that he is proud to be a
Congressman, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu charged Sunday.
"Congress is unable to digest that it has been defeated
in Karnataka. They are trying to defame and destabilise the
BJP government headed by Yeddyurappa by using the Governor,
who has openly admitted that he is proud to be Congressman,"
he told reporters here.
Naidu also distributed photo copies of the media reports
on the statement of Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Asking why the Congress is not ready to accept a probe
into allegations of illegal mining against the Reddy brothers
by Lok Ayukta or a House committee of legislators, Naidu
alleged that the Congress is insisting on a CBI inquiry
because they can manipulate the premier investigation agency
as per their political convenience.
"The chief minister has categorically said the ministers
will have to go if the allegations are proved. He is ready for
probe by the Lok Ayukta or House committee. Still, Congress
wants investigation only by CBI because it has become Congress
Bureau of Investigation. Are we so innocent to agree to this,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional