Congress will win more than 20 seats in 2014 LS polls: Karnataka CM
Bangalore: Buoyed by Congress victory in the Lok Sabha bypolls for Mandya and Bangalore Rural seats, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday expressed confidence about winning more than 20 of the 28 seats in the state in the 2014 general elections.
"From the positive results in Lok Sabha byelections to Mandya and Bangalore Rural seats, I can only feel confident that the Congress will grab more than 20 seats..," he told reporters at "Krishna", his official residence here.
Asked how he saw the Congress win against BJP-JDS-KJP alliance, he said people had voted for his party as they had seen through their "opportunistic" alliance.
"They came together, not based on ideology or programmes; nor do they have any commitment to policies," he said. Siddaramaiah said the results suggest that JDS had been taught a lesson as they thought Mandya and Bangalore Rural parliamentary constituencies were their bastion.
KPCC chief G Parameshwara said people had keenly observed "unhealthy alliance" between JDS and BJP and rejected it. He also said Congress was confident of winning 28 out of 28 Lok Sabha seats in the parliamentary elections.
On demand from his supporters to make him the Deputy Chief Minister, he said, "I have worked for the party coming to power with the help of other leaders and party workers. My well-wishers want to see me in government.It is for Sonia Gandhi and party high command to decide. I will abide by their decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan