Constable arrested for SI`s murder remanded to police custody
Bangalore: A local court on Monday remanded to police custody till February 4 a constable who was arrested on the charge of killing a Sub Inspector in Bangalore Rural district.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Chandrashekara Reddy remanded Anand Kumar to police custody for investigation.
Anand Kumar, a constable in Rajankunte police station, was arrested for allegedly shooting to death Vijay Kumar, SI of the same station, over a quarrel regarding duty allotment yesterday.
He allegedly fired from his rifle, injuring the SI on his head and chest. Vijay Kumar succumbed to his injuries on the way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000