Convene session to discuss land scams: Siddaramaiah
Hubli: The Congress in Karnataka on Sunday demanded that the ruling BJP immediately convene a legislature session to debate the land allotment scams, failing which the party would take to the streets.
The people of the state ought to be informed on all the scams and the money "netted" by the BJP government, Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
Dubbing all BJP ministers as "corrupt", he said the chief minister was the "captain" of corruption in the state.
He alleged that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was involved in land scams through denotification of lands. His ministers were also involved in land grabbing, he charged.
Yeddyurappa, he alleged, was misleading people by stating that the state`s financial position was very strong.
But why was the Rs 8000 crore meant for various departments still not released," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?