Convene session to discuss land scams: Siddaramaiah
Hubli: The Congress in Karnataka on Sunday demanded that the ruling BJP immediately convene a legislature session to debate the land allotment scams, failing which the party would take to the streets.
The people of the state ought to be informed on all the scams and the money "netted" by the BJP government, Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
Dubbing all BJP ministers as "corrupt", he said the chief minister was the "captain" of corruption in the state.
He alleged that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was involved in land scams through denotification of lands. His ministers were also involved in land grabbing, he charged.
Yeddyurappa, he alleged, was misleading people by stating that the state`s financial position was very strong.
But why was the Rs 8000 crore meant for various departments still not released," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!
- Watch: Beautiful time-lapse video of a night flight from India to China!
- Kerala minister, Left candidate attacked with chair, stones during live TV debate