Cop, Village Accountant nabbed for taking bribes
Bangalore: In two separate cases, two police
personnel, including an Inspector, and a village accountant
were nabbed by Lokayukta sleuths for allegedly accepting
bribes for official favour.
The Inspector and a constable attached to Muddebihal
police station were arrested by the Bijapur Lokayukta police
on Nov 19 for accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from complainant,
AH Mohammad Hussain Lingasur of Raichur district, for
releasing his goods vehicle and its driver on bail, a
Lokayukta release said.
Another person by name SS Gopal, proprietor of a
restaurant in Muddebihal, who received the money on behalf
the inspector had also been arrested.
In another case, Channagowda Shanthagowda Konnur, Village
Accountant of Mahalingapur was nabbed by the Bagalkot
Lokayukta police for demanding a bribe of Rs 1,500 from
Sunanda Banaja, a Second Division Assistant in a government
college for issuing a "Khatha" for a site which has been
purchased by her.
Konnur`s private assistant, Lalsab Mehmoodsab Sanadi,
through whom Konnur demanded the bribe, was also arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit