Cop, Village Accountant nabbed for taking bribes
Bangalore: In two separate cases, two police
personnel, including an Inspector, and a village accountant
were nabbed by Lokayukta sleuths for allegedly accepting
bribes for official favour.
The Inspector and a constable attached to Muddebihal
police station were arrested by the Bijapur Lokayukta police
on Nov 19 for accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from complainant,
AH Mohammad Hussain Lingasur of Raichur district, for
releasing his goods vehicle and its driver on bail, a
Lokayukta release said.
Another person by name SS Gopal, proprietor of a
restaurant in Muddebihal, who received the money on behalf
the inspector had also been arrested.
In another case, Channagowda Shanthagowda Konnur, Village
Accountant of Mahalingapur was nabbed by the Bagalkot
Lokayukta police for demanding a bribe of Rs 1,500 from
Sunanda Banaja, a Second Division Assistant in a government
college for issuing a "Khatha" for a site which has been
purchased by her.
Konnur`s private assistant, Lalsab Mehmoodsab Sanadi,
through whom Konnur demanded the bribe, was also arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan