Corporator arrest: Yeddyurappa meets RSS leaders
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday met RSS leaders following the arrest of a party corporator by Lokayukta on charges of bribing a witness
in a case of alleged irregularities in payment of compensation to land owners by Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board.
Yeddyurappa visited leaders at the RSS office, briefed them on the developments following the arrest and sought their guidance at the meeting, party members said.
The chief minister refused to answer reporters` queries on the arrest of Katta Jagadish, son of IT-BT Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu, saying he would await the outcome of the investigation into the case.
Katta Jagadish was arrested yesterday by Lokayukta for allegedly trying to influence a witness in the case pertaining to irregularities in payment of compensation to land owners by KIADB.
The action came after the complainant, Ramanjanappa had tipped off Lokayukta that he was being pressurised by Jagadish, a BJP corporator from Vasanthnagar ward not to
cooperate in the ongoing investigation into the issue being conducted by the anti-corruption watchdog.
Meanwhile, a Lokayukta special court remanded Jagadish to Judicial custody till October 12.
Katta Jagadish has filed for a bail plea before the Special Judge Lokayukta Chandrashekhar Hippargi, Additional Director General of Lokayukta Police Rupak Kumar Dutta said.
"We will also file our objection before the judge," Dutta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video