Corporator arrest: Yeddyurappa meets RSS leaders
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday met RSS leaders following the arrest of a party corporator by Lokayukta on charges of bribing a witness
in a case of alleged irregularities in payment of compensation to land owners by Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board.
Yeddyurappa visited leaders at the RSS office, briefed them on the developments following the arrest and sought their guidance at the meeting, party members said.
The chief minister refused to answer reporters` queries on the arrest of Katta Jagadish, son of IT-BT Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu, saying he would await the outcome of the investigation into the case.
Katta Jagadish was arrested yesterday by Lokayukta for allegedly trying to influence a witness in the case pertaining to irregularities in payment of compensation to land owners by KIADB.
The action came after the complainant, Ramanjanappa had tipped off Lokayukta that he was being pressurised by Jagadish, a BJP corporator from Vasanthnagar ward not to
cooperate in the ongoing investigation into the issue being conducted by the anti-corruption watchdog.
Meanwhile, a Lokayukta special court remanded Jagadish to Judicial custody till October 12.
Katta Jagadish has filed for a bail plea before the Special Judge Lokayukta Chandrashekhar Hippargi, Additional Director General of Lokayukta Police Rupak Kumar Dutta said.
"We will also file our objection before the judge," Dutta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says