Corporator arrested for murder of RTI activist
Bangalore: A corporator of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (City corporation) in connection with the murder of RTI activist Lingaraju, a top police official said.
"The corporator from Azadnagar, Gowramma, who is an accused in the murder was arrested from Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu by a four-member team of Chamarajpet police station", Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Division) H S Revanna said.
Lingaraju, an RTI activist was hacked to death by some uunidentified persons last month allegedly at the behest of Gowrammma and her husband Govindaraju against whom the deceased had filed a complaint before the Lokayukta Court for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what