Corporator arrested for murder of RTI activist
Bangalore: A corporator of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (City corporation) in connection with the murder of RTI activist Lingaraju, a top police official said.
"The corporator from Azadnagar, Gowramma, who is an accused in the murder was arrested from Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu by a four-member team of Chamarajpet police station", Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Division) H S Revanna said.
Lingaraju, an RTI activist was hacked to death by some uunidentified persons last month allegedly at the behest of Gowrammma and her husband Govindaraju against whom the deceased had filed a complaint before the Lokayukta Court for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender