Corporator arrested for murder of RTI activist
Bangalore: A corporator of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (City corporation) in connection with the murder of RTI activist Lingaraju, a top police official said.
"The corporator from Azadnagar, Gowramma, who is an accused in the murder was arrested from Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu by a four-member team of Chamarajpet police station", Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Division) H S Revanna said.
Lingaraju, an RTI activist was hacked to death by some uunidentified persons last month allegedly at the behest of Gowrammma and her husband Govindaraju against whom the deceased had filed a complaint before the Lokayukta Court for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack