Corporator arrested for murder of RTI activist
Bangalore: A corporator of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (City corporation) in connection with the murder of RTI activist Lingaraju, a top police official said.
"The corporator from Azadnagar, Gowramma, who is an accused in the murder was arrested from Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu by a four-member team of Chamarajpet police station", Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Division) H S Revanna said.
Lingaraju, an RTI activist was hacked to death by some uunidentified persons last month allegedly at the behest of Gowrammma and her husband Govindaraju against whom the deceased had filed a complaint before the Lokayukta Court for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!