Court adjourns hearing of defamation case against Reddy
Bellary: A local court today adjourned to November 9 further hearing of a criminal defamation suit filed against former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy.
Reddy, who is currently in judicial custody in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad after he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining case, was produced before the court via video conferencing.
Reddy denied allegations made against him by the petitioner, former minister Diwakar Babu, that certain remarks made by him had defamed the latter and his family members.
Judicial Magistrate M B Kulkarni adjourned further hearing to November 9.
In June 2004, Reddy had made certain remarks against Babu and his family members. In 2005, Babu had filed the defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview