Court adjourns hearing of defamation case against Reddy
Bellary: A local court today adjourned to November 9 further hearing of a criminal defamation suit filed against former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy.
Reddy, who is currently in judicial custody in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad after he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining case, was produced before the court via video conferencing.
Reddy denied allegations made against him by the petitioner, former minister Diwakar Babu, that certain remarks made by him had defamed the latter and his family members.
Judicial Magistrate M B Kulkarni adjourned further hearing to November 9.
In June 2004, Reddy had made certain remarks against Babu and his family members. In 2005, Babu had filed the defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha