Court adjourns hearing of defamation case against Reddy
Bellary: A local court today adjourned to November 9 further hearing of a criminal defamation suit filed against former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy.
Reddy, who is currently in judicial custody in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad after he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining case, was produced before the court via video conferencing.
Reddy denied allegations made against him by the petitioner, former minister Diwakar Babu, that certain remarks made by him had defamed the latter and his family members.
Judicial Magistrate M B Kulkarni adjourned further hearing to November 9.
In June 2004, Reddy had made certain remarks against Babu and his family members. In 2005, Babu had filed the defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed