Court grants anticipatory bail to Eshwarappa
Shimoga: The Lokayukta Court on Monday granted anticipatory bail to Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa and two of his family members in a disproportionate assets case.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini were also granted anticipatory bail by Judge R M Shettar.
The court directed them to furnish a bond of Rs one lakh each and a surety for similar sum. They were also ordered to appear before it within ten days from today.
Advocate Vinod filed the complaint accusing Eshwarappa and his family members of amassing wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The Lokayukta police recently conducted raids on eight places belonging to Eshwarappa and seized Rs ten lakh, 1.9 kgs of gold and 32 kgs of silver.
Meanwhile, two families of Shimoga have filed a complaint at Tunga police station alleging that an Educational Trust run by Eshwarappa had encroached their two sites at Bypass road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley