Court grants anticipatory bail to Eshwarappa
Shimoga: The Lokayukta Court on Monday granted anticipatory bail to Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa and two of his family members in a disproportionate assets case.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini were also granted anticipatory bail by Judge R M Shettar.
The court directed them to furnish a bond of Rs one lakh each and a surety for similar sum. They were also ordered to appear before it within ten days from today.
Advocate Vinod filed the complaint accusing Eshwarappa and his family members of amassing wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The Lokayukta police recently conducted raids on eight places belonging to Eshwarappa and seized Rs ten lakh, 1.9 kgs of gold and 32 kgs of silver.
Meanwhile, two families of Shimoga have filed a complaint at Tunga police station alleging that an Educational Trust run by Eshwarappa had encroached their two sites at Bypass road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...