Court grants bail to Reddy`s wife
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday granted bail to Aruna Lakshmi, wife of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in an illegal mining case filed against them.
Judge B M Angadi in his order said the bail was granted as she had cooperated with the investigating agency and considering that she is a woman.
The judge directed her to furnish a bond for Rs 1 lakh, two sureties for a like sum and also not to leave the jurisdiction of the court.
Lakshmi, second accused in the illegal mining case filed against Reddy, already in judicial custody since his arrest in September last year, appeared in compliance with the summons issued on July 2.
She is the co-owner of the Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMS) and Associated Mining Corporation (AMC).
The court adjourned further hearing to July 16.
Meanwhile, CBI filed objections to the bail applications of Deputy Conservator of Forest Muthaiah and Raju, another accused.
Reddy is currently lodged in the Bangalore Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016