Court grants bail to Reddy`s wife
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday granted bail to Aruna Lakshmi, wife of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in an illegal mining case filed against them.
Judge B M Angadi in his order said the bail was granted as she had cooperated with the investigating agency and considering that she is a woman.
The judge directed her to furnish a bond for Rs 1 lakh, two sureties for a like sum and also not to leave the jurisdiction of the court.
Lakshmi, second accused in the illegal mining case filed against Reddy, already in judicial custody since his arrest in September last year, appeared in compliance with the summons issued on July 2.
She is the co-owner of the Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMS) and Associated Mining Corporation (AMC).
The court adjourned further hearing to July 16.
Meanwhile, CBI filed objections to the bail applications of Deputy Conservator of Forest Muthaiah and Raju, another accused.
Reddy is currently lodged in the Bangalore Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation