Court grants bail to Reddy`s wife
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday granted bail to Aruna Lakshmi, wife of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in an illegal mining case filed against them.
Judge B M Angadi in his order said the bail was granted as she had cooperated with the investigating agency and considering that she is a woman.
The judge directed her to furnish a bond for Rs 1 lakh, two sureties for a like sum and also not to leave the jurisdiction of the court.
Lakshmi, second accused in the illegal mining case filed against Reddy, already in judicial custody since his arrest in September last year, appeared in compliance with the summons issued on July 2.
She is the co-owner of the Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMS) and Associated Mining Corporation (AMC).
The court adjourned further hearing to July 16.
Meanwhile, CBI filed objections to the bail applications of Deputy Conservator of Forest Muthaiah and Raju, another accused.
Reddy is currently lodged in the Bangalore Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi