Court grants bail to Reddy`s wife
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday granted bail to Aruna Lakshmi, wife of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in an illegal mining case filed against them.
Judge B M Angadi in his order said the bail was granted as she had cooperated with the investigating agency and considering that she is a woman.
The judge directed her to furnish a bond for Rs 1 lakh, two sureties for a like sum and also not to leave the jurisdiction of the court.
Lakshmi, second accused in the illegal mining case filed against Reddy, already in judicial custody since his arrest in September last year, appeared in compliance with the summons issued on July 2.
She is the co-owner of the Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMS) and Associated Mining Corporation (AMC).
The court adjourned further hearing to July 16.
Meanwhile, CBI filed objections to the bail applications of Deputy Conservator of Forest Muthaiah and Raju, another accused.
Reddy is currently lodged in the Bangalore Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal