Court grants permission to Naidu to undergo surgery
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Friday, granted permission to former Karnataka minister Katta Subramanya Naidu, who is in judicial custody for his alleged involvement in a land scam, to undergo surgery.
Granting permission to Naidu, who has been suffering from cervical spine ailment, to undergo the surgery, Lokayukta Special Court judge N K Sudhindra Rao, directed the hospital authorities to keep the court informed of the developments with regard to the former minister`s health.
The court further directed that a copy of the order be sent to the jailer of Parappana Agrahara, where Naidu was lodged before being admitted to Victoria Hospital on August 24.
Earlier, Registered Medical Officer (RMO) of Victoria Hospital, Dr Nagaraj Jain filed a letter along with a copy of the medical history of Naidu, in which Victoria Hospital has recommended cervical discectomy for Katta and for that a minimum seven days of hospitalisation would be required.
On September 5, the Lokayukta court had extended the judicial custody of Naidu, his corporator son Jagadish and S V Srinivas, who were accused in the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) land scam, to the 19th of this
The High Court rejected their bail applications on August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN