Court grants stay on complaint against Nityananda`s ex-driver
Bangalore: A court on Friday stayed
proceedings in a case filed by a devotee of self-styled godman
Nityananda against his former driver K Lenin, accusing him of
offences including trespass and distribution of obscene
Lenin, who had shot the controversial video
purportedly showing Nityananda in an intimate position with a
Tamil actress, had earlier this week moved the court in
Ramanagaram, 40 km from here, seeking quashing of the private
Nityananda`s US-based devotee Anjula Jackson, wife of
Hari Jackson of St Petersburg in Florida, had filed the
complaint against Lenin on August 28.
In her complaint, Anjula had alleged Lenin committed
various offences under provisions of the IPC when making the
video purportedly involving Tamil actress Renjita and
Nityananda, who is facing charges including rape.
Lenin, she said, had violated the Indecent
Representation of Women Act and the Information Technology Act
and had also tresspassed into private property when shooting
She also accused him of distributing obscene
information, making inciteful statements, furnishing false
information among others.
Anjula`s complaint against Lenin followed the recent
filing of two separate complaints against him by two other
women devotees, including Renjitha.
Renjita and Ma Nithya Supriyananda had filed
complaints of attempted rape, threat to life, extortion and
other charges against Lenin. Renjita also alleged that Lenin`s
accomplice had demanded Rs 20 crore for not releasing some
photographs involving her and Nityananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics