Court records statement in another complaint against Yeddy
Bangalore: A court on Friday commenced the
process of recording the sworn statement of complainants in
yet another private complaint against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa alleging irregularities in land
23rd Additional Civil and Session Court Judge C B Hippargi
recorded the statement of co-complainant Sirajin Basha
relating to the second complaint in which he had alleged three
instances of irregularities in denotification of lands.
The court had yesterday ordered the Lokayukta police to
inquire allegations made in the first complaint against
Yeddyurappa and others and submit its findings by May 4.
The first complaint relates to denotification of lands
allegedly to favour of his sons-- B Y Raghavendra, MP, B Y
Vijendra and son-in-Law Sohan Kumar and their illegal sale by
Armed with the Governor`s sanction to prosecute the Chief
Minister, Basha and K N Balaraj have filed five complaints
against Yeddyurappa and others relating to alleged
irregularities in denotification of land.
The statements recorded today pertained to illegal
denotification of land measuring around two acres and five
guntas (0.12 acre) in Arakere village in Bangalore south
The matter has been adjourned for hearing to March 30.
According to the complainant, the Bangalore Development
Authority had acquired the land for formation of layout in BTM
sixth stage and the final notification for the same was passed
However, it was denotified following a representation by
two persons -- Satyakumari and Mohan Raj -- who sought the
step saying the land was their only source of income.
The complaint involves the close associates of the chief
minister as accused. In all 15 persons including the chief
minister has been cited as accused in the second complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad