Court summons to BSY, others in land denotification
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta court on Tuesday ordered issue of summons to him, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP, and five other `benamidars` in a case over alleged denotification of land in Bhadravathi in Shimoga district.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao further directed all the seven accused to appear before him on September 25.
The five benamidars are -- B K Somashekhar, his wife B S Uma Devi, sister B K Radhamani, his mother Adi Lakshmamamma and one H V Manjunath, who was asked to execute the sale deed in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, owned by Yeddyurappa`s family members.
While pronouncing the order, the court made its observation on the report of Deputy Commissioner Shinmoga Vedamurthy who stated that no irregularisation had taken place (which was incorrect), and sought to bring it to the notice of the Chief Secretary.
Complainant Vinod alleged that Yeddyurappa had abused his office and denotified 69 acres of land at Bhadravathi in 2010.
He charged the former chief minister with having used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
Vinod also alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land at the Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011 and that Yeddyurappa had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?