Court summons to BSY, others in land denotification
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta court on Tuesday ordered issue of summons to him, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP, and five other `benamidars` in a case over alleged denotification of land in Bhadravathi in Shimoga district.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao further directed all the seven accused to appear before him on September 25.
The five benamidars are -- B K Somashekhar, his wife B S Uma Devi, sister B K Radhamani, his mother Adi Lakshmamamma and one H V Manjunath, who was asked to execute the sale deed in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, owned by Yeddyurappa`s family members.
While pronouncing the order, the court made its observation on the report of Deputy Commissioner Shinmoga Vedamurthy who stated that no irregularisation had taken place (which was incorrect), and sought to bring it to the notice of the Chief Secretary.
Complainant Vinod alleged that Yeddyurappa had abused his office and denotified 69 acres of land at Bhadravathi in 2010.
He charged the former chief minister with having used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
Vinod also alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land at the Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011 and that Yeddyurappa had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says