CPI asks JDS to join hands with them
Bangalore: CPI on Saturday asked JDS to join forces
with them in their fight against "anti-people" policies of
both UPA government at Centre and BJP government in the state.
"I call upon (JDS chief) Deve Gowda who is a son of the soil
to join us and take the lead in our fight against anti-people
policies of the (state and central) governments including
price rise and anti-farmer policies", CPI General Secretary
A B Bardhan said addressing a public meeting on the eve of the
party`s three-day National Council Meet beginning here.
He flayed BJP government led by B S Yeddyurappa for its
"total neglect`` of flood-ravaged people when thousands
including farmers looked to the government for succour.
He also slammed UPA government for not universalising
public distribution system, stopping forward trading of
foodgrains and implementing the Essential Commodities Act
``which would have prevented price rise.``
Farmers` suicides especially those growing cash crops were
on the rise, he said and urged them to fight for their rights.
Appealing to people to strengthen CPI in the state, he said "we
also want strong Left unity (among all four blocs)".
He said CPI would continue its fight against liberalisation
and globalisation policies and had decided to give a
nationwide call for "Parliament Chalo" during budget session
to press for its demands in front of Parliament.
Gurudas Dasgupta, Lok Sabha MP and AITUC General Secretary
said a "jail bharo" programme will be organised on March 4.
"We are also planning a Bharat Bandh sometime soon against
price rise", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor