CPI asks JDS to join hands with them
Bangalore: CPI on Saturday asked JDS to join forces
with them in their fight against "anti-people" policies of
both UPA government at Centre and BJP government in the state.
"I call upon (JDS chief) Deve Gowda who is a son of the soil
to join us and take the lead in our fight against anti-people
policies of the (state and central) governments including
price rise and anti-farmer policies", CPI General Secretary
A B Bardhan said addressing a public meeting on the eve of the
party`s three-day National Council Meet beginning here.
He flayed BJP government led by B S Yeddyurappa for its
"total neglect`` of flood-ravaged people when thousands
including farmers looked to the government for succour.
He also slammed UPA government for not universalising
public distribution system, stopping forward trading of
foodgrains and implementing the Essential Commodities Act
``which would have prevented price rise.``
Farmers` suicides especially those growing cash crops were
on the rise, he said and urged them to fight for their rights.
Appealing to people to strengthen CPI in the state, he said "we
also want strong Left unity (among all four blocs)".
He said CPI would continue its fight against liberalisation
and globalisation policies and had decided to give a
nationwide call for "Parliament Chalo" during budget session
to press for its demands in front of Parliament.
Gurudas Dasgupta, Lok Sabha MP and AITUC General Secretary
said a "jail bharo" programme will be organised on March 4.
"We are also planning a Bharat Bandh sometime soon against
price rise", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report