CPI-M will not allow opening of Walmart stores in India: Karat
Bangalore: CPI-M leader Prakash Karat on Tuesday said his party would not allow opening of stores in India by Walmart.
Addressing a party rally at Freedom Park here, Karat also referred to the Walmart lobbying issue, as he slammed the Government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
State party leaders also spoke at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown