CPI slams Gowda for not accepting min`s resignation
Bangalore: CPI on Sunday flayed Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda for not accepting resignation of Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister S Suresh Kumar who quit over allegations that he suppressed facts for obtaining a residential site.
"By not accepting Suresh Kumar`s resignation as Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister, the Chief Minister has belittled himself," State CPI Secretary P V Lokesh said and demanded that Gowda immediately initiate probe into the allegations levelled against Kumaar.
A section of the media yesterday carried a story quoted to an RTI applicant, who alleged that Kumar suppressed the fact that his kin already owned two sites while obtaining the `G` category (discretionary quota of Chief Minister) site here.
Lokesh said the internecine rivalry within the State BJP unit could be the reason for Kumar`s resignation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed