Criminal defamation suit filed against Janardhana Reddy adjourned
Bellary: A local court on Saturday adjourned further hearing to November 09 on a criminal defamation suit filed against former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy.
Reddy, who is currently in judicial custody in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad after he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining case, was produced before the court via video conferencing.
Reddy denied allegations made against him by the petitioner, former minister Diwakar Babu, that certain remarks made by him had defamed the latter and his family members.
Judicial Magistrate MB Kulkarni adjourned further hearing to November 09.
In June 2004, Reddy had made certain remarks against Babu and his family members.
In 2005, Babu had filed the defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened