Criminal defamation suit filed against Janardhana Reddy adjourned
Bellary: A local court on Saturday adjourned further hearing to November 09 on a criminal defamation suit filed against former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy.
Reddy, who is currently in judicial custody in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad after he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining case, was produced before the court via video conferencing.
Reddy denied allegations made against him by the petitioner, former minister Diwakar Babu, that certain remarks made by him had defamed the latter and his family members.
Judicial Magistrate MB Kulkarni adjourned further hearing to November 09.
In June 2004, Reddy had made certain remarks against Babu and his family members.
In 2005, Babu had filed the defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!