Curfew lifted in Hubli; city calm
Hubli: Curfew was lifted this morning
in Hubli, which witnessed violence last week following
protests by members of a minority community over obscene
writings on the wall of a graveyard.
Curfew was lifted from 0700hrs today and only prohibitory
orders would be in force till tomorrow, Raghavendra Auraadkar,
Police Commissioner, Hubli and Dharawad twin cities, said.
No untoward incident was reported in the last two
days, he said.
Auraadkar said 61 persons were arrested and 24
motorcycles seized from areas of Old Hubli from Friday last to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet