Curfew lifted in Hubli; city calm
Hubli: Curfew was lifted this morning
in Hubli, which witnessed violence last week following
protests by members of a minority community over obscene
writings on the wall of a graveyard.
Curfew was lifted from 0700hrs today and only prohibitory
orders would be in force till tomorrow, Raghavendra Auraadkar,
Police Commissioner, Hubli and Dharawad twin cities, said.
No untoward incident was reported in the last two
days, he said.
Auraadkar said 61 persons were arrested and 24
motorcycles seized from areas of Old Hubli from Friday last to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city