Curfew lifted in Hubli; city calm
Hubli: Curfew was lifted this morning
in Hubli, which witnessed violence last week following
protests by members of a minority community over obscene
writings on the wall of a graveyard.
Curfew was lifted from 0700hrs today and only prohibitory
orders would be in force till tomorrow, Raghavendra Auraadkar,
Police Commissioner, Hubli and Dharawad twin cities, said.
No untoward incident was reported in the last two
days, he said.
Auraadkar said 61 persons were arrested and 24
motorcycles seized from areas of Old Hubli from Friday last to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read