Curfew lifted in Hubli; city calm
Hubli: Curfew was lifted this morning
in Hubli, which witnessed violence last week following
protests by members of a minority community over obscene
writings on the wall of a graveyard.
Curfew was lifted from 0700hrs today and only prohibitory
orders would be in force till tomorrow, Raghavendra Auraadkar,
Police Commissioner, Hubli and Dharawad twin cities, said.
No untoward incident was reported in the last two
days, he said.
Auraadkar said 61 persons were arrested and 24
motorcycles seized from areas of Old Hubli from Friday last to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?