Daughter rape: DNA report of French diplomat inconclusive
Bangalore: Police on Saturday said they would seek clarifications on the DNA test report on French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter, as it remained "inconclusive".
"The investigating officer in the case has already been directed to seek clarifications about the report as some test results are negative while others are positive. The Forensic Science Laboratory report appears inconclusive," Additional Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) T Suneel Kumar told PTI.
However, senior advocate Pramila Nesargi, counsel for Pascal`s wife, Suja Jones on the basis of whose complaint he was arrested, charged police with trying to cover up the case.
"They can send it back to FSL for clarifications if they want, but it really looks as if police is trying to cover up the case. Prima facie proof is in the Baptist Hospital where the child was first taken", she said.
Nesargi alleged that when Pascal was taken to Bowring Hospital, the necessary samples were not taken in their presence. She also charged police with giving the child`s clothes for the test three days after the incident after it had been washed.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter. The issue led to a public outrage before the diplomat was arrested.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Pascal.
His bail petition has been adjourned to July 9 by a Fast Track Court after police filed objections to the plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi