Daughter rape: DNA report of French diplomat inconclusive
Bangalore: Police on Saturday said they would seek clarifications on the DNA test report on French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter, as it remained "inconclusive".
"The investigating officer in the case has already been directed to seek clarifications about the report as some test results are negative while others are positive. The Forensic Science Laboratory report appears inconclusive," Additional Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) T Suneel Kumar told PTI.
However, senior advocate Pramila Nesargi, counsel for Pascal`s wife, Suja Jones on the basis of whose complaint he was arrested, charged police with trying to cover up the case.
"They can send it back to FSL for clarifications if they want, but it really looks as if police is trying to cover up the case. Prima facie proof is in the Baptist Hospital where the child was first taken", she said.
Nesargi alleged that when Pascal was taken to Bowring Hospital, the necessary samples were not taken in their presence. She also charged police with giving the child`s clothes for the test three days after the incident after it had been washed.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter. The issue led to a public outrage before the diplomat was arrested.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Pascal.
His bail petition has been adjourned to July 9 by a Fast Track Court after police filed objections to the plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal