Daughter rape: French diplomat moves bail petition
Bangalore: French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter, on Wednesday moved a bail petition in a local court here,police said.
The bail petition has been moved before a Fast Track Court, police sources said.
A magisterial court yesterday extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Mazurier who was arrested on June 19 on the basis of a complaint filed by his Indian wife Suja Jones, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter.
Mazurier, is the Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'