Daughter rape: French diplomat moves bail petition
Bangalore: French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year-old daughter, on Wednesday moved a bail petition in a local court here,police said.
The bail petition has been moved before a Fast Track Court, police sources said.
A magisterial court yesterday extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Mazurier who was arrested on June 19 on the basis of a complaint filed by his Indian wife Suja Jones, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter.
Mazurier, is the Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'