Death of teenage girl: Kundapur taluk observes bandh
Mangalore: The Kundapur taluk in Udupi district observed a bandh on Wednesday demanding speedy investigation into the mysterious death of a 17-year old girl hailing from Alandoor in nearby Byndoor.
The girl, a first year student in Shiroor Government Pre University College, had gone missing since July 9 and her body was later found in deep forests at Alandoor after it was spotted by a woman who went to the forest to gather firewood on July 12.
The student`s college bag, shawl and footwear were recovered from the area.
The bandh called by Taluk Raitha Sangha and Hiriya Nagarika Vedike was supported by several voluntary organisations, political parties and general public.
Most of shops and business establishments remain closed and the buses are off the roads. A holiday has been declared for schools and colleges in the taluk, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP