Death of teenage girl: Kundapur taluk observes bandh
Mangalore: The Kundapur taluk in Udupi district observed a bandh on Wednesday demanding speedy investigation into the mysterious death of a 17-year old girl hailing from Alandoor in nearby Byndoor.
The girl, a first year student in Shiroor Government Pre University College, had gone missing since July 9 and her body was later found in deep forests at Alandoor after it was spotted by a woman who went to the forest to gather firewood on July 12.
The student`s college bag, shawl and footwear were recovered from the area.
The bandh called by Taluk Raitha Sangha and Hiriya Nagarika Vedike was supported by several voluntary organisations, political parties and general public.
Most of shops and business establishments remain closed and the buses are off the roads. A holiday has been declared for schools and colleges in the taluk, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj