Death of teenage girl: Kundapur taluk observes bandh
Mangalore: The Kundapur taluk in Udupi district observed a bandh on Wednesday demanding speedy investigation into the mysterious death of a 17-year old girl hailing from Alandoor in nearby Byndoor.
The girl, a first year student in Shiroor Government Pre University College, had gone missing since July 9 and her body was later found in deep forests at Alandoor after it was spotted by a woman who went to the forest to gather firewood on July 12.
The student`s college bag, shawl and footwear were recovered from the area.
The bandh called by Taluk Raitha Sangha and Hiriya Nagarika Vedike was supported by several voluntary organisations, political parties and general public.
Most of shops and business establishments remain closed and the buses are off the roads. A holiday has been declared for schools and colleges in the taluk, police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her