Decision on petrol cess cut in two days: Gowda
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda Thursday said the government would take a decision on reducing cess on petrol in a couple of days after consulting finance officials.
"I am keen on reducing cess on petrol, but before I could do that I have to consult my finance officials and cabinet colleagues. I will take a decision on the matter in couple of days time," he told reporters here.
Gowda had on May 31 said his government would look into the possibilities of reducing cess on petrol after the biennial elections to the state Legislative Council.
Gowda said the latest hike had added to the woes of the common people, already hit by rising inflation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'