Decision on taking action against MLAs who defied BJP in Karnataka on Dec12
Belgaum: Facing fresh turmoil, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday said BJP central leaders will take a decision on December 12 on initiating action against MLAs who defied the party and shared dais with BS Yeddyurappa at the launch of his new outfit.
"The BJP central leaders will take a decision at a December 12 meeting ..." Shettar told reporters here, a day after 13 MLAs threw their lot behind Yeddyurappa at the Haveri rally, raising questions about the stability of government.
Ignoring the warning of action, MLAs loyal to Yeddyurappa, who broke his 40-year-old association with BJP 11 days ago, showed open defiance, putting the BJP in a quandary.
Reacting to the opposition demand to dissolve the assembly, Shettar replied in the negative saying there is no question of doing so.
Higher Education Minister CT Ravi alleged Yeddyurappa is having a "secret pact" with Congress as he has not stated anything against it.
Ravi said said the formation of KJP will not affect BJP`s prospects in future. "BJP cannot be weakened by anyone (who leaves the party)," he added.
Describing Yeddyurappa as a "selfish person" with "ego problems", he said the claims of thirty legislators supporting Yeddyurappa is a media creation.
Yeddyurappa had yesterday dared the BJP to dissolve the assembly and seek a fresh mandate saying the Shettar government had no majority in the assembly now.
Seeking to send a tough message to Yeddyurappa`s loyalists, Shettar had on Saturday sacked his trusted lieutenant BJ Puttaswamy from the ministry while the party had suspended Tumkur MP GS Basavaraju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price