Decision on taking action against MLAs who defied BJP in Karnataka on Dec12
Belgaum: Facing fresh turmoil, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday said BJP central leaders will take a decision on December 12 on initiating action against MLAs who defied the party and shared dais with BS Yeddyurappa at the launch of his new outfit.
"The BJP central leaders will take a decision at a December 12 meeting ..." Shettar told reporters here, a day after 13 MLAs threw their lot behind Yeddyurappa at the Haveri rally, raising questions about the stability of government.
Ignoring the warning of action, MLAs loyal to Yeddyurappa, who broke his 40-year-old association with BJP 11 days ago, showed open defiance, putting the BJP in a quandary.
Reacting to the opposition demand to dissolve the assembly, Shettar replied in the negative saying there is no question of doing so.
Higher Education Minister CT Ravi alleged Yeddyurappa is having a "secret pact" with Congress as he has not stated anything against it.
Ravi said said the formation of KJP will not affect BJP`s prospects in future. "BJP cannot be weakened by anyone (who leaves the party)," he added.
Describing Yeddyurappa as a "selfish person" with "ego problems", he said the claims of thirty legislators supporting Yeddyurappa is a media creation.
Yeddyurappa had yesterday dared the BJP to dissolve the assembly and seek a fresh mandate saying the Shettar government had no majority in the assembly now.
Seeking to send a tough message to Yeddyurappa`s loyalists, Shettar had on Saturday sacked his trusted lieutenant BJ Puttaswamy from the ministry while the party had suspended Tumkur MP GS Basavaraju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India