Decision on taking action against MLAs who defied BJP in Karnataka on Dec12
Belgaum: Facing fresh turmoil, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday said BJP central leaders will take a decision on December 12 on initiating action against MLAs who defied the party and shared dais with BS Yeddyurappa at the launch of his new outfit.
"The BJP central leaders will take a decision at a December 12 meeting ..." Shettar told reporters here, a day after 13 MLAs threw their lot behind Yeddyurappa at the Haveri rally, raising questions about the stability of government.
Ignoring the warning of action, MLAs loyal to Yeddyurappa, who broke his 40-year-old association with BJP 11 days ago, showed open defiance, putting the BJP in a quandary.
Reacting to the opposition demand to dissolve the assembly, Shettar replied in the negative saying there is no question of doing so.
Higher Education Minister CT Ravi alleged Yeddyurappa is having a "secret pact" with Congress as he has not stated anything against it.
Ravi said said the formation of KJP will not affect BJP`s prospects in future. "BJP cannot be weakened by anyone (who leaves the party)," he added.
Describing Yeddyurappa as a "selfish person" with "ego problems", he said the claims of thirty legislators supporting Yeddyurappa is a media creation.
Yeddyurappa had yesterday dared the BJP to dissolve the assembly and seek a fresh mandate saying the Shettar government had no majority in the assembly now.
Seeking to send a tough message to Yeddyurappa`s loyalists, Shettar had on Saturday sacked his trusted lieutenant BJ Puttaswamy from the ministry while the party had suspended Tumkur MP GS Basavaraju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash