Declare floods in AP, Karnataka as national calamity: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre to
declare the floods, that wreaked havoc in some parts of Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka, as a "national calamity" and demanded
the relief package of Rs 5,000-crore each to these states.
"It is a time for Centre and State governments to work
together to restore normalcy and provide relief and
rehabilitation to the affected people in flood-hit areas,"
Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu, who arrived here this
evening after conducting an aerial survey of flood-hit areas,
Naidu undertook aerial survey of flood-hit areas in
Kunrool and Mahabubnagar districts in Andhra Pradesh and
Bellary and Raichur districts in Karnataka.
Referring to situation in flood affected areas in Andhra
Pradesh, he said restoration of drinking water supply, power
and road link are a big task for the government.
The Centre and state governments should work together
to provide temporary housing facilities and food to helpless
flood victims who lost everything, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy