Declare floods in AP, Karnataka as national calamity: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre to
declare the floods, that wreaked havoc in some parts of Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka, as a "national calamity" and demanded
the relief package of Rs 5,000-crore each to these states.
"It is a time for Centre and State governments to work
together to restore normalcy and provide relief and
rehabilitation to the affected people in flood-hit areas,"
Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu, who arrived here this
evening after conducting an aerial survey of flood-hit areas,
Naidu undertook aerial survey of flood-hit areas in
Kunrool and Mahabubnagar districts in Andhra Pradesh and
Bellary and Raichur districts in Karnataka.
Referring to situation in flood affected areas in Andhra
Pradesh, he said restoration of drinking water supply, power
and road link are a big task for the government.
The Centre and state governments should work together
to provide temporary housing facilities and food to helpless
flood victims who lost everything, Naidu said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video