Demand for JPC probe politically motivated: Karuna
Chennai: Describing the opposition demand for a JPC probe in the 2G spectrum scam as politically motivated, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK President M Karunanidhi
on Monday asked why opposition parties were against the matter being probed by the Public Accounts Committee.
Writing in the DMK`s official organ, "Murasoli", he said if there was any malpractice in allocation of spectrum space, the opposition could place their views before the PAC, which would go into the CAG report on the issue.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Ministers Kapil Sibal and Veerappa Moily had repeatedly assured the opposition that the Centre was prepared to give answers to the questions posed by them when the issue was discussed in Parliament, he
said and asked why BJP and the left parties had not agreed to that.
If they had information on the issue, the opposition could provide them to the PAC, which would go into the CAG report, he said, adding, all CAG reports have been probed by PAC in the past. "Why is the opposition demanding JPC now? Is it not
politically motivated?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown