Depression brings copious rains in south Karnataka
Bangalore: A depression due to cyclonic storm `Nilam` on Thursday brought copious rains in several parts of south interior Karnataka, paralysing normal life in the region.
"Nilam", which crossed north Tamil Nadu coast last evening, weakened into a deep depression and further into a depression over Rayalseema and adjoining areas of South Interior Karnataka and lay centred at 8.30 am near Chitradurga.
The depression caused heavy rains paralysing normal life in several parts of the state.
The system will move northwestwards and weaken into a low pressure, Met officials said.
Bagepalli in Chikaballapur District received the highest rainfall of 14 cm during the 24 hours ending 8.30 AM today, followed by Koartagere (Tumkur) 11, Kolar, Bangalore Urban and Hoskote 10 cm each.
Several parts of Kolar, Chikballapur, Tumkur, Bangalore rural and Urban District, Chitradurga and Chamarajanagara districts also received heavy rainfall, according to a Met office bulletin.
In Bangalore, several trees were uprooted by strong winds with the city experiencing continuous rainfall since last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy