Deputy CM appears before Lokayukta police
Shimoga: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa Monday appeared before the Lokayukta Police here in connection with a wealth case filed against him.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini also appeared before the police, fulfilling the conditions laid down by the court while granting them bail in the case recently.
The case was registered on a private complaint by an advocate, B Vinond, accusing Eshwarappa and family members of amassing wealth misusing his official powers since 2006.
Allowing the bail pleas, the court had directed the three to appear before the police within ten days.
The court had earlier directed the Lokayuktha police to investigate the allegations and submit a detailed report before February 4.
Police had raided the house and establishments of Eshwarappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt