Deputy CM appears before Lokayukta police
Shimoga: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa Monday appeared before the Lokayukta Police here in connection with a wealth case filed against him.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini also appeared before the police, fulfilling the conditions laid down by the court while granting them bail in the case recently.
The case was registered on a private complaint by an advocate, B Vinond, accusing Eshwarappa and family members of amassing wealth misusing his official powers since 2006.
Allowing the bail pleas, the court had directed the three to appear before the police within ten days.
The court had earlier directed the Lokayuktha police to investigate the allegations and submit a detailed report before February 4.
Police had raided the house and establishments of Eshwarappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore