Deputy CM appears before Lokayukta police
Shimoga: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa Monday appeared before the Lokayukta Police here in connection with a wealth case filed against him.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini also appeared before the police, fulfilling the conditions laid down by the court while granting them bail in the case recently.
The case was registered on a private complaint by an advocate, B Vinond, accusing Eshwarappa and family members of amassing wealth misusing his official powers since 2006.
Allowing the bail pleas, the court had directed the three to appear before the police within ten days.
The court had earlier directed the Lokayuktha police to investigate the allegations and submit a detailed report before February 4.
Police had raided the house and establishments of Eshwarappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar