Deputy CM appears before Lokayukta police
Shimoga: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa Monday appeared before the Lokayukta Police here in connection with a wealth case filed against him.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini also appeared before the police, fulfilling the conditions laid down by the court while granting them bail in the case recently.
The case was registered on a private complaint by an advocate, B Vinond, accusing Eshwarappa and family members of amassing wealth misusing his official powers since 2006.
Allowing the bail pleas, the court had directed the three to appear before the police within ten days.
The court had earlier directed the Lokayuktha police to investigate the allegations and submit a detailed report before February 4.
Police had raided the house and establishments of Eshwarappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt