Deputy CM appears before Lokayukta police
Shimoga: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa Monday appeared before the Lokayukta Police here in connection with a wealth case filed against him.
Besides Eshwarappa, his son K E Kantesh and daughter- in-law Shalini also appeared before the police, fulfilling the conditions laid down by the court while granting them bail in the case recently.
The case was registered on a private complaint by an advocate, B Vinond, accusing Eshwarappa and family members of amassing wealth misusing his official powers since 2006.
Allowing the bail pleas, the court had directed the three to appear before the police within ten days.
The court had earlier directed the Lokayuktha police to investigate the allegations and submit a detailed report before February 4.
Police had raided the house and establishments of Eshwarappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RBI retains 'too big to fail' tag for SBI, ICICI Bank
- Wow! First driverless taxi hits the streets of Singapore
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws