`Detained` Hindu woman united with Muslim husband by HC
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday disposed of a habeas corpus petition filed by a Muslim man over the alleegd "illegal detention" of his Hindu wife by her parents after their marriage and sent her back with her husband.
The division bench comprising Justices K L Manjunath and H S Kempanna disposed of the petition with a strict warning to the parents after she was produced in court by police. She was then sent with her husband, Mohammad Yasir Jamakhani (23).
Jamakhani, a security guard in the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation, had filed the habeas corpus petition before the court, stating he had gone in for a civil marriage with college student Ashwini (28) a resident of Kengeri on Dec 22 2012 as there was stiff opposition from her parents.
He stated that she was forcibly taken away by her parents who "illegally detained her at their place".
Subsequently, police were directed to secure the presence of the detenue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview