`Detained` Hindu woman united with Muslim husband by HC
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday disposed of a habeas corpus petition filed by a Muslim man over the alleegd "illegal detention" of his Hindu wife by her parents after their marriage and sent her back with her husband.
The division bench comprising Justices K L Manjunath and H S Kempanna disposed of the petition with a strict warning to the parents after she was produced in court by police. She was then sent with her husband, Mohammad Yasir Jamakhani (23).
Jamakhani, a security guard in the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation, had filed the habeas corpus petition before the court, stating he had gone in for a civil marriage with college student Ashwini (28) a resident of Kengeri on Dec 22 2012 as there was stiff opposition from her parents.
He stated that she was forcibly taken away by her parents who "illegally detained her at their place".
Subsequently, police were directed to secure the presence of the detenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video