Deve Gowda takes dig at Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Taking potshots at Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah for predicting JD(S) winning only three seats in next year`s Lok Sabha polls, party supremo HD Deve Gowda on Thursday said he is "an old man in a hurry" to bring JD(S) party back to power in the state.
"I am an old man in a hurry, not to become Prime Minister but to bring my party back to power in the state. This is my pledge. I accept the challenge (thrown at me by Siddaramaiah). There is an anti-Congress wave in the country," he told reporters here.
In an interview, Siddaramaiah had reportedly said recently that JD(S) and BJP would win just two-three Lok Sabha seats each and Congress 20 to 22 of the total 28 seats.
Gowda said JD(S) would capitalise on the "anti-Congress" wave which was quite discernible in Congress` rout in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Delhi assembly elections because of the "bad and corrupt" governance of UPA government.
On Siddaramaiah`s remarks that the JD(S) chief is not committed to secularism as his party had formed a coalition government with BJP`s help in the state, Gowda said he did not want any certificate of secular credentials from anyone.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed