Devegowda `daydreaming of ousting BJP govt: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Taking a swipe at JDS for vowing to
oust the BJP government in Karnataka, Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa said former Prime Minister H D Devegowda`s party
was "daydreaming" about the fall of his government.
Yeddyurappa accused the Congress and JDS of joining hands
to pull down his government and asked them to concentrate on
the state`s development instead.
"As long as my government enjoys the support of people and
my party legislators, no party can topple it," he told
reporters, as he flayed Gowda`s comments that he would fight
till the BJP government is dislodged.
He lashed out at Gowda for reportedly making certain
personal remarks against him, saying "Gowda says I can`t hear.
Are these remarks becoming of a former Prime Minister?"
Yeddyurappa questioned Gowda`s sincerity on farmers` loan
waiver issue, saying "the man who opposed loan waiver and
offerring of farm credit on low interest during the tenure of
the JDS-BJP government is now demanding loan waiver".
"Let Gowda take a lead in meeting Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh for seeking Central assistance for the loan waiver. I am
ready to accompany such a delegation. I want the Cong-JDS to
join hands in helping farmers", he said.
Yeddyurappa said JDS should wait for three and a half more
years to fight against his government, apparently indicating
his government will complete its full term.
On farmers undertaking fast in Davanagere jail, Yeddyurappa
said the issue of resolving the Bhadra sugar factory problem
which included payment of arrears was not within the domain of
"Somebody should come forward to take over the factory and
run it. Government is ready to initiate steps in this regard",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal