Devegowda to lead farmers` dharna in Delhi
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D
Devegowda on Saturday said he would take along 1,500 farmers
affected by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE)
Bangalore-Mysore expressway project to stage a two-day dharna
in New Delhi to protest against encroachment of their lands.
"Along with 1,500 farmers who have lost lands for the
project, I will stage a dharna in Delhi on March 10 and 11 to
highlight irregularities in acquisition of land for the
Bangalore-Mysore Express Highway", Gowda told reporters here.
Gowda, who has been leading the stir against land
acquisition in various villages for about a month, said
memorandum on the affairs of NICE would be submitted to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, Leader of BJP Opposition in Lok Sabha
Sushma Swaraj and leaders of all political parties.
"The BJP government in Karnataka is engaged in real
estate scam by acquiring land from farmers," Gowda, who has
been up in arms against the state acquiring 1.71 lakh acres
for formation of "land bank", alleged.
Opposition Congress which is also objecting to
acquisition of land by Bangalore Development Authority (BDA)
for a residential layout, also continuing with its agitation.
KPCC President R V Deshpande, general secretary S T
Somasekhar and others visited Gollarahatti, one of the
villages proposed for acquisition of lands.
The leaders demanded resignation of Chief Minister B S
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’