Devotees throng Chamundeshwari Rathotsava
Mysore: Thousands of devotees witnessed the
"Rathotsava" (chariot festival) of goddess Chamundeshwari
atop Chamundi Hills with religious fervour on Tuesday.
Religious rites amidst chanting of vedic hymns reverberated
at the sanctum sanctorum of Goddess Chamundeshwari to invoke
The scion of Mysore royal family Srikantadatta Narasimha
Raja Wodeyar accompanied by his wife Pramoda Devi Wodeyar
offered flowers to the Goddess and pulled the chariot.
District in Charge Minister S A Ramdas, MLA M
Satyanarayana were also present.
It may be recalled that after the Dasara Celebrations, it
is a custom with the royal family of Mysore to celebrate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh