Devotees throng Chamundeshwari Rathotsava
Mysore: Thousands of devotees witnessed the
"Rathotsava" (chariot festival) of goddess Chamundeshwari
atop Chamundi Hills with religious fervour on Tuesday.
Religious rites amidst chanting of vedic hymns reverberated
at the sanctum sanctorum of Goddess Chamundeshwari to invoke
The scion of Mysore royal family Srikantadatta Narasimha
Raja Wodeyar accompanied by his wife Pramoda Devi Wodeyar
offered flowers to the Goddess and pulled the chariot.
District in Charge Minister S A Ramdas, MLA M
Satyanarayana were also present.
It may be recalled that after the Dasara Celebrations, it
is a custom with the royal family of Mysore to celebrate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!