Devotees throng Chamundeshwari Rathotsava
Mysore: Thousands of devotees witnessed the
"Rathotsava" (chariot festival) of goddess Chamundeshwari
atop Chamundi Hills with religious fervour on Tuesday.
Religious rites amidst chanting of vedic hymns reverberated
at the sanctum sanctorum of Goddess Chamundeshwari to invoke
The scion of Mysore royal family Srikantadatta Narasimha
Raja Wodeyar accompanied by his wife Pramoda Devi Wodeyar
offered flowers to the Goddess and pulled the chariot.
District in Charge Minister S A Ramdas, MLA M
Satyanarayana were also present.
It may be recalled that after the Dasara Celebrations, it
is a custom with the royal family of Mysore to celebrate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?