Disgruntled Shivakumar at last takes oath
Bangalore: Karnataka Congress leader DK Shivakumar, who is dissatisfied over denial of ministership, took oath on Thursday as an MLA nearly a month after Congress returned to power in the state.
Shivakumar, who has been elected for the sixth time from Kanakapura constituency, had delayed taking oath of office even as most of the legislators took oath on May 29.
Shivakumar took oath following Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president G Parameshwara`s meeting with him on June 10 during which he was reportedly told that the party high command was aware of his seniority and his value as a party worker.
Shivakumar has not been inducted into the Cabinet as he is being probed by the Supreme Court-appointed Central Empowered Committee for his alleged role in a mining scam.
He is also co-accused along with former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in an illegal denotification case being heard by Karnataka Lokayukta Court.
Speaking to reporters after taking oath, Shivakumar sarcastically thanked a section within Congress and freedom fighter HS Doreswamy who were against his induction in Siddaramaiah`s Cabinet.
Asked if he still hoped to get a Cabinet berth, he said the matter was left to the party and the Chief Minister. "For many years, I have kept party above myself. I will always be loyal to the party," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference