Disgruntled Shivakumar at last takes oath
Bangalore: Karnataka Congress leader DK Shivakumar, who is dissatisfied over denial of ministership, took oath on Thursday as an MLA nearly a month after Congress returned to power in the state.
Shivakumar, who has been elected for the sixth time from Kanakapura constituency, had delayed taking oath of office even as most of the legislators took oath on May 29.
Shivakumar took oath following Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president G Parameshwara`s meeting with him on June 10 during which he was reportedly told that the party high command was aware of his seniority and his value as a party worker.
Shivakumar has not been inducted into the Cabinet as he is being probed by the Supreme Court-appointed Central Empowered Committee for his alleged role in a mining scam.
He is also co-accused along with former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in an illegal denotification case being heard by Karnataka Lokayukta Court.
Speaking to reporters after taking oath, Shivakumar sarcastically thanked a section within Congress and freedom fighter HS Doreswamy who were against his induction in Siddaramaiah`s Cabinet.
Asked if he still hoped to get a Cabinet berth, he said the matter was left to the party and the Chief Minister. "For many years, I have kept party above myself. I will always be loyal to the party," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145