Disproportionate asset case filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: A disproportionate asset case was filed today against BJP MLA C T Ravi in the Lokayukta court here.
Social activist A C Kumar, who filed the case, said Ravi, representing Chikmagalur constituency, had declared his assets at Rs 10.1 lakh and annual income at Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 when he filed his nominations for the assembly elections.
However in 2008, Ravi had declared his annual income at Rs 18.9 lakh and assets at Rs 92.95 lakh, which as of today stands at over Rs 50 crore and was disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to June 4.
The BJP spokesperson had been accorded a reprieve by the Lokayukta court in April when Lokayukta police gave him a clean chit in a land denotification case filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof