Disproportionate asset case filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: A disproportionate asset case was filed today against BJP MLA C T Ravi in the Lokayukta court here.
Social activist A C Kumar, who filed the case, said Ravi, representing Chikmagalur constituency, had declared his assets at Rs 10.1 lakh and annual income at Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 when he filed his nominations for the assembly elections.
However in 2008, Ravi had declared his annual income at Rs 18.9 lakh and assets at Rs 92.95 lakh, which as of today stands at over Rs 50 crore and was disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to June 4.
The BJP spokesperson had been accorded a reprieve by the Lokayukta court in April when Lokayukta police gave him a clean chit in a land denotification case filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray