Disproportionate asset case filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: A disproportionate asset case was filed today against BJP MLA C T Ravi in the Lokayukta court here.
Social activist A C Kumar, who filed the case, said Ravi, representing Chikmagalur constituency, had declared his assets at Rs 10.1 lakh and annual income at Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 when he filed his nominations for the assembly elections.
However in 2008, Ravi had declared his annual income at Rs 18.9 lakh and assets at Rs 92.95 lakh, which as of today stands at over Rs 50 crore and was disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to June 4.
The BJP spokesperson had been accorded a reprieve by the Lokayukta court in April when Lokayukta police gave him a clean chit in a land denotification case filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest