Disproportionate asset case filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: A disproportionate asset case was filed today against BJP MLA C T Ravi in the Lokayukta court here.
Social activist A C Kumar, who filed the case, said Ravi, representing Chikmagalur constituency, had declared his assets at Rs 10.1 lakh and annual income at Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 when he filed his nominations for the assembly elections.
However in 2008, Ravi had declared his annual income at Rs 18.9 lakh and assets at Rs 92.95 lakh, which as of today stands at over Rs 50 crore and was disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to June 4.
The BJP spokesperson had been accorded a reprieve by the Lokayukta court in April when Lokayukta police gave him a clean chit in a land denotification case filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez