Disproportionate asset case filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: A disproportionate asset case was filed today against BJP MLA C T Ravi in the Lokayukta court here.
Social activist A C Kumar, who filed the case, said Ravi, representing Chikmagalur constituency, had declared his assets at Rs 10.1 lakh and annual income at Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 when he filed his nominations for the assembly elections.
However in 2008, Ravi had declared his annual income at Rs 18.9 lakh and assets at Rs 92.95 lakh, which as of today stands at over Rs 50 crore and was disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to June 4.
The BJP spokesperson had been accorded a reprieve by the Lokayukta court in April when Lokayukta police gave him a clean chit in a land denotification case filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown