Divest Health Dept from Sriramulu, Cong tells Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: The Congress today demanded
divesting of the Health portfolio from Minister B Sriramulu,
saying he has failed to take steps to contain the spurt in the
cases of dengue, chikungunya and A H1N1 in Karnataka.
"Sriramulu can`t handle it. He should be removed. Health is
a sensitive Department. Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa can
give him some `light` portfolio such as small savings", Leader
of the Opposition in the Legislative Assembly, Siddaramaiah,
told reporters here.
He said Sriramulu does not appear to be bothered by the
rising number of such cases, and termed as "foolish" the
latter`s statement saying Karnataka is better off compared to
some other States in terms of casualties.
Siddaramaiah said Government hospitals have no facilities
to treat patients suffering from dengue, chikungunya and A
H1N1 and no medicines, leaving poor patients in the lurch.
He pointed out that poor patients can`t afford "expensive"
treatment offered by private hospitals, where the government`s
fiat does not run.
Meanwhile, Siddaramaiah also criticised the Chief Minister
for reportedly assuring a certain community that they would be
included in the Backward Classes list, ahead of September 13
bypolls to Gulbarga-south and Kadur Assembly constituencies.
"It`s a clear violation of the code of conduct", he said,
adding, Congress is examining the possibility of filing a
complaint with the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation