DMK non-committal on filling cabinet berths
Chennai: With speculation of an expansion of the Union Cabinet doing the rounds, key UPA constituent DMK on Thursday remained non-committal on staking the two berths vacated by it.
"I cannot say anything now," was the brief response of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, when reporters sought to know, whether the party would seek the berths vacated by its leaders A Raja and Dayananidhi Maran.
Raja quit the Cabinet in the wake of 2G spectrum controversy and Maran over the Aircel-Maxis deal.
Reports suggested that the Cabinet may be expanded soon, with Pranab Mukherjee stepping down as finance minister to contest the presidential poll and the resignation of Virbhadra Singh, in the wake of a Himachal Court framing corruption charges against him.
Replying to a question on UPA nominee Mukherjee`s prospects at the Presidential race, Karunanidhi said, "I have already said.
Pranab Mukherjee`s winning chances are bright."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what