Don`t adopt soft attitude towards BSY`s KJP: Moily tells Cong
Bangalore: Senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily on Wednesday cautioned his party not to adopt a "soft attitude" towards BS Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janatha Party in Assembly elections due this year, saying it needs to fully exploit the anti-incumbency sentiments.
Moily, a former Chief Minister, stressed that the Congress should not make a distinction in its fight against the BJP and the KJP, and should treat them in same fashion.
"We should not be soft towards one party (KJP) and hard on the other (BJP)," he told reporters here, adding that Congress needs to stay focussed to garner the "anti-establishment" votes to build on its traditional base of 35-40 per cent vote share.
His comments come in the wake of debate over the role of KJP and how far it could play spoilsport for the ruling BJP. A section of BJP leaders have dubbed KJP as the "B" team of Congress and speculated on "possible understanding" between the two parties.
A section of Congress leaders have also in private talked about enlisting KJP`s support in case the party falls short of numbers to form Government.
Yeddyurappa quit BJP a month ago and made no secret that BJP is going to be his new party`s main opponent in the coming polls.
Moily, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, underlined that the Congress needs to choose its candidates for the polls, due in May, carefully, and build the cadre at the grass-roots level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook