Don`t have numbers, will not move no-trust motion: Congress
Bangalore: The Congress will not move a no-confidence motion as it expects the BJP government to collapse on its own, Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly said here today.
"We will not move", Siddaramaiah said, when asked if the Congress was planning to bring in a no-trust notice in the budget session, which commenced today. "We don`t have the numbers (to succeed)".
The BJP government "technically" enjoys a majority but the "ground reality" is different and it`s in minority as some of the Ministers supporting former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa are only continuing in office "to loot", Siddaramaiah alleged.
"The government will fall on its own", he said and likened the step to move a no-trust motion as "flogging a dead horse".
"If government respects the Constitution, it should recommend dissolution of the House, and seek a fresh mandate`, Siddaramaiah added.
In the 211-member House, after acceptance of resignation of 12 MLAs and two vacancies, the ruling BJP has a strength of 108, including an independent who is a minister, a nominated member and the Speaker.
The BJP headcount includes two members who have tendered their resignations, yet to be accepted by the Speaker K G Bopaiah.
Assembly elections are due in Karnataka in May.
After a four decade long association with the BJP and playing a key role in building it in the state, Yeddyurappa, quit the party two months ago and formally floated the Karnataka Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in