Don`t panic have faith in Karnataka govt: Gao
Itanagar: In view of the North East people fleeing from Karnataka fearing attacks on them, BJP national general secretary Tapir Gao on Friday appealed to them have faith on the BJP led Karnataka government that is going out of its way to protect the life and property of NE people.
Terming the incident as an act of mischief, he said that anti-social elements are trying to take advantage of the law and order problems in Congress ruled state of Assam.
"The chief minister, home minister of Karnataka and the central BJP leaders are monitoring the situation. All the BJP ruled states have been directed by party high command to ensure full safety and security especially to the North-East people," Gao said in a statement.
Assuring of security measures, he urged the students to return to campus and focus on their academic activities.
He said NE Sampark cell has been activated and is on high-alert to help out anyone who is in distress, he spelt out and urged the parents residing in the far-flung areas to get in touch with BJP’s NE Sampark Cell chief Sunil Deodar for any kind of queries related to the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?