Don`t panic have faith in Karnataka govt: Gao
Itanagar: In view of the North East people fleeing from Karnataka fearing attacks on them, BJP national general secretary Tapir Gao on Friday appealed to them have faith on the BJP led Karnataka government that is going out of its way to protect the life and property of NE people.
Terming the incident as an act of mischief, he said that anti-social elements are trying to take advantage of the law and order problems in Congress ruled state of Assam.
"The chief minister, home minister of Karnataka and the central BJP leaders are monitoring the situation. All the BJP ruled states have been directed by party high command to ensure full safety and security especially to the North-East people," Gao said in a statement.
Assuring of security measures, he urged the students to return to campus and focus on their academic activities.
He said NE Sampark cell has been activated and is on high-alert to help out anyone who is in distress, he spelt out and urged the parents residing in the far-flung areas to get in touch with BJP’s NE Sampark Cell chief Sunil Deodar for any kind of queries related to the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical