DyCM leaves for Delhi; likely to discuss change of BJP state Prez
Bangalore: Amid speculation of an imminent change of the state BJP President, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa on Monday left for Delhi where is slated to hold discussions with party central leadership.
Eshwarappa is expected to meet BJP National President Nitin Gadkari and other senior BJP leaders, BJP sources said.
Issues like change of state party president and plans of BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa to float a new party, which have caused discomfiture to party leaders are likely to be dicussed, they said.
Eshwarappa was accompanied by MPs Prahalad Joshi and Nalin Kumar Kateel, they said.
On Oct 10, disguntled party strongman Yedyurappa,upset at being continually neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, had said he would quit BJP by December.
He had accused the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president.
He had also declared he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?