DyCM leaves for Delhi; likely to discuss change of BJP state Prez
Bangalore: Amid speculation of an imminent change of the state BJP President, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa on Monday left for Delhi where is slated to hold discussions with party central leadership.
Eshwarappa is expected to meet BJP National President Nitin Gadkari and other senior BJP leaders, BJP sources said.
Issues like change of state party president and plans of BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa to float a new party, which have caused discomfiture to party leaders are likely to be dicussed, they said.
Eshwarappa was accompanied by MPs Prahalad Joshi and Nalin Kumar Kateel, they said.
On Oct 10, disguntled party strongman Yedyurappa,upset at being continually neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, had said he would quit BJP by December.
He had accused the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president.
He had also declared he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!