DyCM leaves for Delhi; likely to discuss change of BJP state Prez
Bangalore: Amid speculation of an imminent change of the state BJP President, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa on Monday left for Delhi where is slated to hold discussions with party central leadership.
Eshwarappa is expected to meet BJP National President Nitin Gadkari and other senior BJP leaders, BJP sources said.
Issues like change of state party president and plans of BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa to float a new party, which have caused discomfiture to party leaders are likely to be dicussed, they said.
Eshwarappa was accompanied by MPs Prahalad Joshi and Nalin Kumar Kateel, they said.
On Oct 10, disguntled party strongman Yedyurappa,upset at being continually neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, had said he would quit BJP by December.
He had accused the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president.
He had also declared he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan