EC directs to file FIR against Ktk BJP president
Bangalore: The Election Commission has directed
Bellary district authorities to file a FIR against Karnataka
unit BJP president K S Eswarappa and two others for holding an
election meeting at a temple in Bellary Rural assembly
constituency, which is going to bypoll on November 30.
The EC has ordered that besides Eswarappa, FIR should also
be filed against BJP candidate Gadilingappa and the party MLC
Sushil Namoshi, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Manoj said here.
The trio had been accused violating the Religeous
Institutions Misuse Act by holding an election related meeting
at Anjaneya Temple in Sanganakallu village last week.
The EC has already served show causes notices on the trio
in this connection seeking their replies by tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured