EC directs to file FIR against Ktk BJP president
Bangalore: The Election Commission has directed
Bellary district authorities to file a FIR against Karnataka
unit BJP president K S Eswarappa and two others for holding an
election meeting at a temple in Bellary Rural assembly
constituency, which is going to bypoll on November 30.
The EC has ordered that besides Eswarappa, FIR should also
be filed against BJP candidate Gadilingappa and the party MLC
Sushil Namoshi, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Manoj said here.
The trio had been accused violating the Religeous
Institutions Misuse Act by holding an election related meeting
at Anjaneya Temple in Sanganakallu village last week.
The EC has already served show causes notices on the trio
in this connection seeking their replies by tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday