EC directs to file FIR against Ktk BJP president
Bangalore: The Election Commission has directed
Bellary district authorities to file a FIR against Karnataka
unit BJP president K S Eswarappa and two others for holding an
election meeting at a temple in Bellary Rural assembly
constituency, which is going to bypoll on November 30.
The EC has ordered that besides Eswarappa, FIR should also
be filed against BJP candidate Gadilingappa and the party MLC
Sushil Namoshi, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Manoj said here.
The trio had been accused violating the Religeous
Institutions Misuse Act by holding an election related meeting
at Anjaneya Temple in Sanganakallu village last week.
The EC has already served show causes notices on the trio
in this connection seeking their replies by tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH