Eight in fray for Bellary bypoll
Bellary: Eight candidates, including former
Karnataka minister B Sreeramulu and ruling BJP nominee
Gadilingappa, are left in the fray for the Nov 30 bye-election
to Bellary Rural Assembly constituency at the end of
withdrawal of nominations on Tuesday.
During the withdrawal, four independents opted out of the
fray, Electoral Officer Sashikanth Senthil told reporters
Besides Sreeramulu, contesting as an independent after
quitting the BJP, and Gadilingappa, Ramprasad of Congress is
also contesting the bypoll making it a triangular contest.
Sreeramulu, a close aide of former minister and mining
baron G Janardhana Reddy, is seeking to retain the seat which
he vacated apparently upset over denial of a cabinet berth to
him in the D V Sadananda Gowda Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional