Eight in fray for Bellary bypoll
Bellary: Eight candidates, including former
Karnataka minister B Sreeramulu and ruling BJP nominee
Gadilingappa, are left in the fray for the Nov 30 bye-election
to Bellary Rural Assembly constituency at the end of
withdrawal of nominations on Tuesday.
During the withdrawal, four independents opted out of the
fray, Electoral Officer Sashikanth Senthil told reporters
Besides Sreeramulu, contesting as an independent after
quitting the BJP, and Gadilingappa, Ramprasad of Congress is
also contesting the bypoll making it a triangular contest.
Sreeramulu, a close aide of former minister and mining
baron G Janardhana Reddy, is seeking to retain the seat which
he vacated apparently upset over denial of a cabinet berth to
him in the D V Sadananda Gowda Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3