Eight in fray for Bellary bypoll
Bellary: Eight candidates, including former
Karnataka minister B Sreeramulu and ruling BJP nominee
Gadilingappa, are left in the fray for the Nov 30 bye-election
to Bellary Rural Assembly constituency at the end of
withdrawal of nominations on Tuesday.
During the withdrawal, four independents opted out of the
fray, Electoral Officer Sashikanth Senthil told reporters
Besides Sreeramulu, contesting as an independent after
quitting the BJP, and Gadilingappa, Ramprasad of Congress is
also contesting the bypoll making it a triangular contest.
Sreeramulu, a close aide of former minister and mining
baron G Janardhana Reddy, is seeking to retain the seat which
he vacated apparently upset over denial of a cabinet berth to
him in the D V Sadananda Gowda Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?