Eight in fray for Bellary bypoll
Bellary: Eight candidates, including former
Karnataka minister B Sreeramulu and ruling BJP nominee
Gadilingappa, are left in the fray for the Nov 30 bye-election
to Bellary Rural Assembly constituency at the end of
withdrawal of nominations on Tuesday.
During the withdrawal, four independents opted out of the
fray, Electoral Officer Sashikanth Senthil told reporters
Besides Sreeramulu, contesting as an independent after
quitting the BJP, and Gadilingappa, Ramprasad of Congress is
also contesting the bypoll making it a triangular contest.
Sreeramulu, a close aide of former minister and mining
baron G Janardhana Reddy, is seeking to retain the seat which
he vacated apparently upset over denial of a cabinet berth to
him in the D V Sadananda Gowda Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman