Eight in fray for Bellary bypoll
Bellary: Eight candidates, including former
Karnataka minister B Sreeramulu and ruling BJP nominee
Gadilingappa, are left in the fray for the Nov 30 bye-election
to Bellary Rural Assembly constituency at the end of
withdrawal of nominations on Tuesday.
During the withdrawal, four independents opted out of the
fray, Electoral Officer Sashikanth Senthil told reporters
Besides Sreeramulu, contesting as an independent after
quitting the BJP, and Gadilingappa, Ramprasad of Congress is
also contesting the bypoll making it a triangular contest.
Sreeramulu, a close aide of former minister and mining
baron G Janardhana Reddy, is seeking to retain the seat which
he vacated apparently upset over denial of a cabinet berth to
him in the D V Sadananda Gowda Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?