Eight more held for bar girls gangrape
Bangalore: Eight persons, including a woman, have been arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of three bar girls in neighbouring Ramanagara District, taking the number of those detained in the case to nine.
One person was arrested last evening while seven were taken into custody this morning, Ramanagara DSP Ramlingappa told a news agency.
With this, nine persons have been arrested in connection with the incidentt which occurred on October 19. Police have arrested one person two days ago.
The three bar girls, working in a bar in the city, were kidnapped from their house and gangraped in Mariappanpalya.
The incident came close on the heels of the October 13 alleged rape of a 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal by an eight-member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of the Bangalore University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India