Eight more held for bar girls gangrape
Bangalore: Eight persons, including a woman, have been arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of three bar girls in neighbouring Ramanagara District, taking the number of those detained in the case to nine.
One person was arrested last evening while seven were taken into custody this morning, Ramanagara DSP Ramlingappa told a news agency.
With this, nine persons have been arrested in connection with the incidentt which occurred on October 19. Police have arrested one person two days ago.
The three bar girls, working in a bar in the city, were kidnapped from their house and gangraped in Mariappanpalya.
The incident came close on the heels of the October 13 alleged rape of a 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal by an eight-member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of the Bangalore University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?