Elaborate security for Narendra Modi’s Bangalore rally
Bangalore: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the rally of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here on November 17 with some 5,000 personnel being mobilised for the event, as the party seeks to boost its prospects with "Modi magic" for the Lok Sabha polls.
"Ten DCPs, 25 ACPs, 100 police inspectors, 250 sub inspectors, 300 assistant sub inspectors and 3,000 head constables and constables, 800 homeguards and 500 civil defence personnel, will be deployed for the rally," Bangalore Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar told reporters here.
All necessary precautions have been taken in other sensitive areas of the city by police who have arrested some "bad elements" with suspected potential to create problems, he said. "In last 15 days, we have interrogated 1,200 bad elements and warned them," Auradkar added.
On the purchase of a quantity of police uniforms from a tailor in Shivajinagar a week ago by an unidentified man, Auradkar said "we have started the investigation and if there are any chances of any untoward incident, we will be in a position to take care of it."
However, there is no need to get panicky about the incident, he added.
BJP, whose first government in the South crumbled in the May Assembly polls paving the way for Congress` return to power, is looking for good tidings in its favour in Parliamentary elections from the state which has 28 seats, hoping to cash in on brand Modi.
Meanwhile, State BJP President Prahalad Joshi said Modi`s rally will give fillip for revival of BJP in Karnataka.
He said 3.5 lakh people had registered by paying Rs 10 to participate in the rally. The collected amount will be donated for installation of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel statue in Gujarat.
More than 2,500 buses and an equal number of other four-wheelers have been hired, he said.
Moreover, ten special trains have been booked to help BJP workers from Hubli, Belgaum, Shimoga, Bidar, Bagalkote and Gulbarga attend the rally, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why