Eshwarappa ready to sacrifice party post, says BJP MP
Davanagere: BJP Karnataka president and Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa is ready to sacrifice his party post to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in the run up to the next assembly elections, Davangere MP GM Siddesh on Thursday said.
"Eshwarappa has agreed to sacrifice his party post to Yeddyurappa in the run up to assembly elections to be held next year," he told reporters here.
BJP would retain power if Yeddyurappa is made the state party chief and efforts are still on to retain him in the party, Siddesh claimed.
He also said a large number of party MPs from Karnataka are demanding that central leaders make Yeddyurappa State party chief.
Yeddyurappa is a mass leader and the party core committee in New Delhi will take a favourable decision in the interest of the party, he said.
He claimed that the return of former Union Minister S M Krishna will not have any impact on state politics as the Congress base is "fast waning" in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital