Eshwarappa ready to sacrifice party post, says BJP MP
Davanagere: BJP Karnataka president and Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa is ready to sacrifice his party post to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in the run up to the next assembly elections, Davangere MP GM Siddesh on Thursday said.
"Eshwarappa has agreed to sacrifice his party post to Yeddyurappa in the run up to assembly elections to be held next year," he told reporters here.
BJP would retain power if Yeddyurappa is made the state party chief and efforts are still on to retain him in the party, Siddesh claimed.
He also said a large number of party MPs from Karnataka are demanding that central leaders make Yeddyurappa State party chief.
Yeddyurappa is a mass leader and the party core committee in New Delhi will take a favourable decision in the interest of the party, he said.
He claimed that the return of former Union Minister S M Krishna will not have any impact on state politics as the Congress base is "fast waning" in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!