Estimated 83% turnout in Periyapatna polling
Mysore: An estimated 83 per cent polling was reported for the election to the Periyapatna Assembly constituency here Tuesday, a state election official said.
The polling began on a dull note but picked up in last three hours towards the evening, Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Anil Kumar Jha told said.
Election in Periyapatna in Mysore district was put off for today following the death of BJP candidate Saname Gowda during the Assembly elections in the state earlier this month.
In Kamapalapura and Yalakuppe polling centres, polling was delayed for more than 45 minutes due to technical glitches in the EVMs.
Congress candidate K Venkatesh is seeking re-election. Counting of votes will take place on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir