Estimated 83% turnout in Periyapatna polling
Mysore: An estimated 83 per cent polling was reported for the election to the Periyapatna Assembly constituency here Tuesday, a state election official said.
The polling began on a dull note but picked up in last three hours towards the evening, Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Anil Kumar Jha told said.
Election in Periyapatna in Mysore district was put off for today following the death of BJP candidate Saname Gowda during the Assembly elections in the state earlier this month.
In Kamapalapura and Yalakuppe polling centres, polling was delayed for more than 45 minutes due to technical glitches in the EVMs.
Congress candidate K Venkatesh is seeking re-election. Counting of votes will take place on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala
- Happy to be working during pregnancy: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Pfizer says acquiring biotech firm Medivation for $14 billion
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance