Estimated 83% turnout in Periyapatna polling
Mysore: An estimated 83 per cent polling was reported for the election to the Periyapatna Assembly constituency here Tuesday, a state election official said.
The polling began on a dull note but picked up in last three hours towards the evening, Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Anil Kumar Jha told said.
Election in Periyapatna in Mysore district was put off for today following the death of BJP candidate Saname Gowda during the Assembly elections in the state earlier this month.
In Kamapalapura and Yalakuppe polling centres, polling was delayed for more than 45 minutes due to technical glitches in the EVMs.
Congress candidate K Venkatesh is seeking re-election. Counting of votes will take place on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA