Estimated 83% turnout in Periyapatna polling
Mysore: An estimated 83 per cent polling was reported for the election to the Periyapatna Assembly constituency here Tuesday, a state election official said.
The polling began on a dull note but picked up in last three hours towards the evening, Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Anil Kumar Jha told said.
Election in Periyapatna in Mysore district was put off for today following the death of BJP candidate Saname Gowda during the Assembly elections in the state earlier this month.
In Kamapalapura and Yalakuppe polling centres, polling was delayed for more than 45 minutes due to technical glitches in the EVMs.
Congress candidate K Venkatesh is seeking re-election. Counting of votes will take place on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report